Davidson vs. Elon: Full Game Preview
|Davidson||J Cohen 15.0||D Brooks 6.4||J Kuhlman 3.8|
|Elon||L Troutman 14.9||R Beaumont 6.9||A Hamilton 3.3|
On Wednesday, Davidson heads to Alumni Gym to take on Elon. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST. The Wildcats are 6-2 against the Phoenix over the last four years. The last time they played they won 83-67 on Mar. 4, 2012.
Elon is in second place in the SoCon and nipping at the heels of Davidson in first place.
In a 93-87 triumph over Montana on Feb. 23, Jake Cohen put up 28 points for the Wildcats. On top of his scoring average of 15 points per game, he delivers 5.7 rebounds per game. For the Phoenix, Ryley Beaumont finished with 20 points and 7 rebounds in the 72-68 loss to Chattanooga on Feb. 23. He is averaging 11.7 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.9 per game. Elon will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 17.0 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 24th in the country.
- The Davidson assist leader (J.P. Kuhlman, 94 assists) has more assists than the Elon assist leader (Jack Isenbarger, 83 assists).
- Davidson embarrassed Elon by 16 points the last time they played (Mar 04, 2012).
- Davidson has a better conference record than Elon this season (15-1 vs. 12-4).
- AP voters think more highly of Davidson and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Elon (25 vs. zero).
- Davidson has been the favorite 11 out of the last 11 times.
- Nik Cochran is ranked 10th in SoCon in assists.
- Davidson has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Elon (No. 8 vs. No. 102).
- Davidson has more wins over the last 5 years than Elon (136 vs. 82).
- Davidson is ranked higher than Elon in SoCon (No. 1 vs. No. 2).
- Davidson has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Elon (No. 29 vs. No. 76).
- Davidson has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Elon according to Kiplinger (89 percent vs. 71.4 percent).
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||1||0||0||0||1|