Virginia Tech vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.6||E Green 4.1|
|Miami||D Scott 13.3||R Johnson 7.9||S Larkin 4.3|
Virginia Tech visits BankUnited Center on Wednesday to take on No. 5 Miami (FL). It takes place at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN-S, RSN or ESPN3.com. The Hokies lost to the Hurricanes 73-64 on Jan. 30 and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
Virginia Tech is in 12th place in the ACC, Miami (FL) is in first place.
In their last outing, behind 26 points and 5 assists from Erick Green, the Hokies defeated Florida State 80-70 on Feb. 24. He contributes a team-leading 25.2 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. The Hurricanes were defeated by Wake Forest 80-65 on Feb. 23 despite 13 points from Shane Larkin. With 4.3 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Miami (FL) is strong in turnover percentage at 17.2 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 29th in the nation.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- Virginia Tech has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Miami (No. 55 vs. No. 84).
- Virginia Tech has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Miami (No. 38 vs. No. 58).
- The Virginia Tech scoring leader (Erick Green, 681 points) has more points than the Miami scoring leader (Shane Larkin, 340 points).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($30,017 vs. $50,148).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($16,828 vs. $50,148).
- Erick Green is ranked 1st nationally in points, 8th in the ACC in three-pointers, 5th in the ACC in assists, and 6th in the ACC in steals.
- The Virginia Tech three-point leader (Erick Green, 48 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Miami three-point leader (Shane Larkin, 47 three-pointers).
- Virginia Tech has an average margin of victory of 11 over Miami in 10 wins since 2000.
- Cadarian Raines is ranked 10th in the ACC in blocks.
|D+||J. van Zegeren||15||4||3||0||0||1||1|