Virginia Tech vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.6||E Green 4.1|
|Miami||D Scott 13.3||R Johnson 7.9||S Larkin 4.3|
On Wednesday, No. 5 Miami (FL) plays host to Virginia Tech at BankUnited Center. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FSN-S, RSN or ESPN3.com. The Hurricanes defeated the Hokies 73-64 on Jan. 30 and are 4-4 against them over the past four years.
Miami (FL) is in first place in the conference, Virginia Tech is in 12th place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 23, Durand Scott put up 17 points for the Hurricanes in a loss to Wake Forest, 80-65. He leads the team with 13.3 points per game. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with 26 points and 5 assists in the 80-70 win over Florida State on Feb. 24. He contributes a team-leading 25.2 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Miami players are more experienced than Virginia Tech players (17,789 minutes played vs. 11,457 minutes played).
- Miami has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (63.7 percent to 58.0 percent).
- Diaper Dandies love Miami. Miami has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Virginia Tech (2 vs. 1).
- Boom! Miami defeated Virginia Tech by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 30, 2013).
- It's only wins and losses, but Miami has a better overall record than Virginia Tech this season (22-4 vs. 12-15).
- Be afraid. Miami has blown out more teams than Virginia Tech this season (six blowouts vs. one).
- Miami has a better record on the road than Virginia Tech this season (10-2 vs. 2-6).
- Since 1998, Miami has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Virginia Tech (three vs. one).
- Durand Scott is ranked 5th in the ACC in steals.
- Miami allows fewer rebounds (34.0 allowed per game vs. 38.4 allowed per game) than Virginia Tech this season.
- Miami has a stronger schedule than Virginia Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 3 vs. No. 80).
|D+||J. van Zegeren||15||4||3||0||0||1||1|