Texas A&M vs. Mississippi: Full Game Preview
|Texas A&M||E Turner 17.3||K Roberson 6.8||A Caruso 3.4|
|Mississippi||M Henderson 19.7||M Holloway 9.4||J Summers 3.9|
On Wednesday, Texas A&M visits Tad Smith Coliseum to take on Ole Miss. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSS or ESPN3.com. The Aggies beat the Rebels 69-67 on Feb. 13.
Texas A&M is in 10th place in the SEC, Ole Miss is in fourth place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 23, Elston Turner put up 38 points for the Aggies in a loss to Tennessee, 93-85. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 17.3 points per contest. For the Rebels, Marshall Henderson put up 28 points in the 88-55 blowout of Auburn on Feb. 23. He leads the team with 19.7 points per game.
Ole Miss has a statistical edge over Texas A&M in one specific area, scoring, where the Rebels have the upper hand over the Aggies, 79 points per game to 63 points per game. One category in which Ole Miss is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.0 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 10th nationally).
Ole Miss StatSmack
- Texas A&M has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Ole Miss (six vs. zero).
- Boom! Texas A&M defeated Ole Miss by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 13, 2013).
- Texas A&M has a stronger schedule than Ole Miss this season (SOS Rank: No. 62 vs. No. 130).
- Texas A&M has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Ole Miss (six vs. zero).
- Kourtney Roberson is ranked 7th in the SEC in rebounds.
- Texas A&M has a better scoring defense (61.0 allowed per game vs. 67.2 allowed per game) than Ole Miss this season.
- Over the past 10 years, Texas A&M has had more players drafted by the NBA than Ole Miss (five vs. two).
- Elston Turner is ranked 3rd in the SEC in points and 3rd in the SEC in three-pointers.
- Texas A&M has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (63.7 percent to 58.3 percent).
- Since 1998, Texas A&M has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Ole Miss (three vs. one).
- Texas A&M allows fewer rebounds (32.0 allowed per game vs. 37.8 allowed per game) than Ole Miss this season.