Creighton vs. Bradley: Full Game Preview
|Creighton||D McDermott 22.4||D McDermott 7.6||G Gibbs 5.7|
|Bradley||W Lemon Jr. 15.5||T Pickett 5.7||W Lemon Jr. 3.5|
On Wednesday, Bradley plays host to Creighton at Carver Arena. It gets started at 8:05 p.m. EST and you can see it on KMTV or My59. The Braves fell to the Bluejays 75-58 on Feb. 2 and are 2-8 against them over the last four years.
Bradley is in sixth place in the conference, Creighton is in second place.
In a 63-62 win over UIC on Feb. 23, Walt Lemon Jr. put up 22 points and 5 rebounds for the Braves. He leads the team in points with 15.5 per game and assists with 3.5 per game. For the Bluejays, Gregory Echenique finished with 18 points and 5 rebounds in the 74-66 loss to Saint Mary's on Feb. 23. He is averaging 9.8 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.6 per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Creighton has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Bluejays have the upper hand over the Braves, 75 points per game to 67 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Creighton performs well in effective field goal percentage at 58.8 percent. This ranks first in the conference and first in the country.
- Bradley has an average margin of victory of 12 over Creighton in 32 wins since 1980.
- Tyshon Pickett is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds.
- Bradley has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Creighton ($17,067 vs. $32,888).
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards is ranked 4th nationally in steals.
- Walt Lemon Jr. is ranked 5th in the Missouri Valley in points, 7th in the Missouri Valley in assists, and 15th nationally in steals.
- Bradley has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Creighton ($34,574 vs. $41,022).
- The Bradley steals leader (Dyricus Simms-Edwards, 81 steals) has more steals than the Creighton steals leader (Grant Gibbs, 28 steals).
- Will Egolf is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
|B||Walt Lemon Jr.||34||15||4||4||2||0||4|