SIU Edwardsville vs. Belmont: Full Game Preview
|SIU Edwardsville||J Jones 16.2||M Yelovich 5.9||K Davis 3.7|
|Belmont||I Clark 18.4||T Noack 5.6||K Johnson 4.8|
Belmont hosts SIU Edwardsville at Curb Event Center on Wednesday. The game tips off at 8 p.m. EST.
SIU Edwardsville is in eigth place in the conference and Belmont is in first place.
In an 81-62 dismantling of Ohio on Feb. 23, Ian Clark put up 18 points and 6 rebounds for the Bruins. At 18.4, he paces the team in points per game. For the Cougars, Mark Yelovich finished with 20 points and 8 rebounds in the 80-78 loss to Central Arkansas on Feb. 23. He averages 11.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.9 rebounds per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Belmont can exploit SIU Edwardsville, scoring, where the Bruins have an edge over the Cougars, 77 points per game to 64 points per game.
SIU Edwardsville StatSmack
- Belmont does a better job contesting shots (40.5 percent allowed vs. 46.0 percent allowed) than SIU Edwardsville this season.
- Belmont has a better record at home than SIU Edwardsville this season (11-0 vs. 8-5).
- SIU Edwardsville has been ducking Belmont for over 30 years.
- Belmont players are more experienced than SIU Edwardsville players (15,607 minutes played vs. 12,164 minutes played).
- The Belmont scoring leader (Ian Clark, 516 points) has more points than the SIU Edwardsville scoring leader (Jerome Jones, 323 points).
- The Belmont blocks leader (Blake Jenkins, 32 blocks) has more blocks than the SIU Edwardsville blocks leader (Derian Shaffer, 18 blocks).
- Even computers respect Belmont more. Belmont has a better RPI this season than SIU Edwardsville (RPI: No. 27 vs. No. 305).
- Belmont has a potent offense, scoring more points (77.4 per game vs. 64.4 per game) than SIU Edwardsville this season.
- Ian Clark is ranked 27th nationally in points, 9th nationally in three-pointers, and 6th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Be afraid. Belmont has blown out more teams than SIU Edwardsville this season (nine blowouts vs. one).
- Belmont has a better record on the road than SIU Edwardsville this season (9-4 vs. 1-11).