Purdue vs. Iowa: Full Game Preview
|Purdue||T Johnson 13.2||A Hammons 6.4||R Johnson 3.7|
|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 13.8||A White 6.1||A Clemmons 3.4|
Purdue visits Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Wednesday to take on Iowa. It gets started at 8:36 p.m. EST and you can see it on Big Ten Network. The Boilermakers beat the Hawkeyes 65-62 on Jan. 27 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
Iowa and Purdue are tied for eigth in the conference.
In a 74-43 dismantling of Northwestern on Feb. 24, Terone Johnson put up 22 points and 6 rebounds for the Boilermakers. At 13.2, he paces the team in points per game. For the Hawkeyes, Aaron White finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds in the 64-60 loss to Nebraska on Feb. 23. He is averaging 13.5 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.1 per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Iowa has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Hawkeyes have the upper hand over the Boilermakers, 71 points per game to 64 points per game.
- A.J. Hammons is ranked 9th in the Big Ten in rebounds and 45th nationally in blocks.
- The Purdue three-point leader (D.J. Byrd, 59 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Iowa three-point leader (Roy Devyn Marble, 32 three-pointers).
- Purdue has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (69.6 percent to 45.2 percent).
- D.J. Byrd is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- Purdue is better under pressure, and has defeated Iowa in eight out of the last 11 games decided by five points or fewer.
- The Purdue rebounding leader (A.J. Hammons, 174 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Iowa rebounding leader (Aaron White, 164 rebounds).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Purdue currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 947) than Iowa, per the NCAA.
- Purdue has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Iowa (nine vs. zero).
- The Purdue blocks leader (A.J. Hammons, 56 blocks) has more blocks than the Iowa blocks leader (Melsahn Basabe, 33 blocks).
- Purdue has an average margin of victory of 8 over Iowa in 33 wins since 1980.