|American University||S Lumpkins 14.7||S Lumpkins 9.6||D Munoz 3.7|
|Bucknell||M Muscala 19.4||M Muscala 11.3||B Johnson 2.6|
Bucknell hosts American University at Sojka Pavilion on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Bison defeated the Eagles 56-55 on Jan. 30 and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
American University is in fifth place in the Patriot and Bucknell is in first place.
In their last outing, behind 25 points and 7 rebounds from Mike Muscala, the Bison blew out Holy Cross 74-57 on Feb. 24. With 19.4 points per game, 11.3 rebounds per game, and 2.6 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Eagles, Tony Wroblicky finished with 7 points and 7 rebounds in the 72-58 loss to Army on Feb. 23. He is averaging 7.3 points and 6.3 rebounds per game.
Bucknell has a statistical advantage over American University in one significant category, scoring, where the Bison have an edge over the Eagles, 67 points per game to 58 points per game. American University will hope to exploit their strength in defensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 72.7 percent in this area ranks second in the conference and 31st in the country.
American University StatSmack
- Bucknell has a stronger schedule than American University this season (SOS Rank: No. 177 vs. No. 241).
- Bucknell is better under pressure, and has defeated American University in six out of the last 10 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Cameron Ayers is ranked 9th in the Patriot in points and 10th in the Patriot in three-pointers.
- Bucknell is ranked higher than American University in the Patriot (No. 1 vs. No. 5).
- The Bucknell rebounding leader (Mike Muscala, 317 rebounds) has more rebounds than the American University rebounding leader (Stephen Lumpkins, 260 rebounds).
- Bucknell has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (30 percent vs. 53 percent).
- Bucknell is better at defending the three (31.8 percent allowed vs. 40.1 percent allowed) than American University this season.
- Bucknell has a better record at home than American University this season (10-1 vs. 7-6).
- Bucknell players are more experienced than American University players (17,764 minutes played vs. 13,359 minutes played).
- Bucknell has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than American University (No. 20 vs. No. 77).
|F||W. Flood Jr.||3||0||1||0||0||0||0|