UAB vs. Tulane: Full Game Preview
|UAB||R Rucker 13.9||R Rucker 8.1||T Jones 3.8|
|Tulane||J Davis 17.7||J Davis 10.1||R Tarrant 3.1|
UAB goes up against Tulane on Wednesday. It takes place at 8 p.m. EST. The Blazers are 7-0 against the Green Wave over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 7, 2012) they won 72-64.
UAB is in eigth place in the conference and trying to catch sixth place Tulane.
In their last outing, behind 15 points and 10 rebounds from Jordan Swing, the Blazers defeated Marshall 52-48 on Feb. 23. He contributes 5.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 13.7 points per game. For the Green Wave, Josh Davis put up 23 points and 16 rebounds in the 89-64 blowout of Rice on Feb. 23. He leads the team in points with 17.7 per game, rebounds with 10.1 per game, and blocks with 1 per game. Tulane can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: free throw rate at 45.6 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.4 percent.
- Over the past 10 years, UAB has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tulane (two vs. zero).
- UAB has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tulane (four vs. zero).
- UAB has a stronger schedule than Tulane this season (SOS Rank: No. 117 vs. No. 249).
- That must sting. UAB has blown out Tulane by 20 points or more on six occasions since 2000.
- UAB has more wins over the last 5 years than Tulane (120 vs. 85).
- AP voters think more highly of UAB and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Tulane (10 vs. zero).
- The UAB assist leader (Terence Jones, 98 assists) has more assists than the Tulane assist leader (Ricky Tarrant, 85 assists).
- UAB beat Tulane by 8 points the last time they played (Mar 07, 2012).
- UAB has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (63.8 percent to 45.6 percent).