Nebraska lost big against No. 17 Wisconsin 77-46 in conference play on a night when the Badgers scored 36 points from beyond the three-point line. This one was over at the half, with Wisconsin up 44-23. The Cornhuskers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-9). The Cornhuskers got a game-high 21 points and eight rebounds from Dylan Talley. Brandon Ubel had 10 points and added six rebounds. For the Badgers, Sam Dekker got a team-high 19 points and four assists. Next up for Nebraska (13-15, 4-11 Big Ten) is Illinois (20-9, 7-8 Big Ten) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:00 left to go.
- Nebraska started 13-15 during the 2009 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Nebraska played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-33.
- Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 46 or fewer total points.
- The Cornhuskers have lost 85 percent of the time this season (2-11) after having a three-point percentage of 27.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records eight or more blocks this season, Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Nebraska set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Nebraska has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Dylan Talley accounted for 45.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dylan Talley and Shavon Shields) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Dylan Talley has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 8 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dylan Talley's career.
- Dylan Talley has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Brandon Ubel.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sam Dekker and Ryan Evans) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Bruesewitz and Ryan Evans) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Sam Dekker has led the team in scoring five times in 28 games this season.
- Mike Bruesewitz has led the team in rebounding four times in 28 games this season.
- Ben Brust has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Sam Dekker has five straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Bruesewitz set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.