On Tuesday, Feb. 26, No. 8 Florida was upset by Tennessee 64-58 in conference play. The Gators were led by Scottie Wilbekin, who put up eight points and eight rebounds. Mike Rosario had 16 points and added four rebounds. Jordan McRae recorded his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Volunteers, scoring a game-high 27 points (7 Reb 4 Ast) in 39 minutes. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when Florida (22-5, 12-3 SEC) welcomes Alabama (19-9, 11-4 SEC).
Florida Game Notes
- Florida started 22-5 during the 2010, 2005, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Gators have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 42.1 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Florida has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UF set season lows for three-pointers (four), three-point percentage (23.5), total points (58), and turnovers (seven).
- The Gators have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Florida has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Patric Young) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Scottie Wilbekin and Erik Murphy) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Scottie Wilbekin had career highs with eight rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Erik Murphy.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Jordan McRae accounted for 42.1 percent of the team's points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has three straight 20+ point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.