(8) Florida 58
(22-5, 7-5 away)
(17-10, 13-4 home)
Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 26, 2013
||M Rosario 16
||S Wilbekin 8
||S Wilbekin 6
||J McRae 27
||J Stokes 14
||J McRae 4
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, Tennessee upset No. 8 Florida 64-58 in conference play. The Volunteers improve to 3-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Jordan McRae picked up his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Volunteers, scoring a game-high 27 points (7 Reb 4 Ast) in 39 minutes. The Volunteers got the win with a game-high 27 points and seven rebounds from Jordan McRae. Jarnell Stokes also had a solid game, scoring eight points and adding 14 rebounds. Tennessee (18-10, 9-6 SEC) takes on Georgia (12-14, 6-7 SEC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Tennessee started 17-10 during the 2008 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Florida extended the Tennessee winning streak to six games.
- Tennessee beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Volunteers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Tennessee played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 19-24.
- The Volunteers have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 14 or more assists.
- Tennessee has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Tennessee has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Tennessee has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Trae Golden plays 34 minutes or more.
- The Volunteers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Tennessee has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 42.1 percent of the team's points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 34.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 27 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has three straight 20+ point games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Patric Young) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Scottie Wilbekin and Erik Murphy) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Scottie Wilbekin set career highs with eight rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Erik Murphy.