Eastern Illinois 58
(10-20, 4-11 away)
Chicago State 50
(8-20, 7-6 home)
Venue: Jones Convocation Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 26, 2013
||M Herron 14
||S Blanford 12
||S Blanford 3
||N Duhon 18
||J Robinson 12
||J Dismukes 3
On a night when they were outshot 55.8 percent-30.8 percent by the Panthers, Chicago State took a home loss to Eastern Illinois 58-50. The Cougars were paced by Jeremy Robinson, who put up five points and 12 rebounds. Quinton Pippen had eight points and added four rebounds. For the Panthers, Sherman Blanford finished with seven points and 12 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Cougars. Chicago State (8-20, 2-4 Great West) takes on Utah Valley University (13-15, 2-5 Great West) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Chicago State Game Notes
- The last time ChiSt started the season 8-20 was 2009.
- Chicago State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- The Cougars have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 30.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.8 percent or better this season, Chicago State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Chicago State has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Chicago State has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- ChiSt set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- The Cougars have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Chicago State has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--ChiSt has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nate Duhon accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's points.
- Jeremy Robinson accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (18).
- Nate Duhon has led the team in scoring in three out of 28 games this season.
- Jeremy Robinson has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 28 games this season.
- Jeremy Robinson recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- Sherman Blanford recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Malcolm Herron and Alex Austin) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- Sherman Blanford accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sherman Blanford has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 30 games this season.
- Sherman Blanford recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Piper set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.