Eastern Illinois 58
(10-20, 4-11 away)
Chicago State 50
(8-20, 7-6 home)
Venue: Jones Convocation Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 26, 2013
||M Herron 14
||S Blanford 12
||S Blanford 3
||N Duhon 18
||J Robinson 12
||J Dismukes 3
On a night when they outshot the Cougars 55.8 percent-30.8 percent, Eastern Illinois won on the road against Chicago State 58-50. The Panthers got the win with seven points and 12 rebounds from Sherman Blanford. Alex Austin had 12 points and added four rebounds. For the Cougars, Jeremy Robinson finished with five points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Eastern Illinois (10-20, 5-10 OVC) is SIU Edwardsville (9-16, 5-9 OVC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- The last time EIU started the season 10-20 was 2006.
- The Panthers have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 33 or more rebounds.
- EIU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- This season Eastern Illinois has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Malcolm Herron has three three-pointers or more.
- The Panthers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Eastern Illinois has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Sherman Blanford recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Malcolm Herron and Alex Austin) accounted for 44.8 percent of the points.
- Sherman Blanford accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sherman Blanford has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 30 games this season.
- Sherman Blanford recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Piper had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Chicago State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to three games.
- Nate Duhon accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's points.
- Jeremy Robinson accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (18).
- Nate Duhon has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Jeremy Robinson has led the team in rebounding nine times in 28 games this season.
- Jeremy Robinson recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.