Wyoming faced off with Air Force on Tuesday, Feb. 26 and got beat at home by the Falcons 72-66 in conference play. The Cowboys are now 0-2 against Air Force this season. Leonard Washington secured a double-double for the Cowboys with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Nathan Sobey was solid from three-point range, going 6 for 6 on the way to a season-high 22 points. Kamryn Williams got a double-double for the Falcons on a career-high 25 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Cowboys. Wyoming (18-10, 4-10 MWC) takes on 14th-ranked New Mexico (23-4, 10-2 MWC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming started 18-10 during the 2008 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Wyoming has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Wyoming has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0 percent or better this season, Wyoming has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Wyoming has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Wyoming set season lows for steals (two) and turnovers (six).
- Wyoming has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Cowboys opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Nathan Sobey accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 48.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 28 games this season.
- Leonard Washington recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Leonard Washington recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 18th of his career.
- Riley Grabau had career highs with 12 points and four three-pointers.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Nathan Sobey's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Larry Nance Jr.
Air Force Game Notes
- Kamryn Williams accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kamryn Williams and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Lyons has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Kamryn Williams's career.
- Kamryn Williams recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.