Loyola (IL) 75
(14-15, 6-8 away)
(19-10, 13-2 home)
Venue: Calihan Hall
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 26, 2013
||J Hicks 20
||C Thomas 10
||J White 7
||R McCallum 22
||N Minnerath 7
||J Calliste 6
Loyola (Chicago) forced only six turnovers and suffered a heartbreaking loss against Detroit 76-75 in conference play on Tuesday, Feb. 26. The Ramblers are now 0-2 against Detroit this season. Jordan Hicks got a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds in a losing effort. Christian Thomas got a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. For the Titans, Ray McCallum finished with a game-high 22 points and five rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Ramblers. Loyola (Chicago) (14-15, 4-11 Horizon) hosts Cleveland State (14-16, 5-10 Horizon) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) started 14-15 during the 2009, 2008, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- LCU beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Ramblers have beaten the spread.
- The Ramblers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) is 25-25 in close games.
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Ramblers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Loyola (Chicago) has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Hicks and Christian Thomas) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Thomas and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Christian Thomas recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Christian Thomas has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- Christian Thomas had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Jordan Hicks's career.
- Devon Turk has seven straight double-digit point games.
Detroit Game Notes
- The Titans won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Detroit is 24-37 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Ray McCallum and Nick Minnerath) accounted for 56.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Minnerath and Ray McCallum) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in scoring 16 times in 29 games this season.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Ray McCallum has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Nick Minnerath's career.
- Nick Minnerath has four straight 20+ point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Doug Anderson.
|D||J. Howard Jr.||14||0||1||0||0||0||0|