Loyola (IL) 75
(14-15, 6-8 away)
(19-10, 13-2 home)
Venue: Calihan Hall
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 26, 2013
||J Hicks 20
||C Thomas 10
||J White 7
||R McCallum 22
||N Minnerath 7
||J Calliste 6
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, Detroit turned the ball over just six times and nipped Loyola (Chicago) 76-75 in Horizon play. The Titans stay unbeaten against Loyola (Chicago) this season at 2-0. The Titans were led by Ray McCallum, who put up a game-high 22 points and five rebounds. Nick Minnerath had 21 points and added seven rebounds. For the Ramblers, Jordan Hicks got a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Detroit (19-10, 11-4 Horizon) heads to Temple (19-8, 8-5 A-10).
Detroit Game Notes
- The last time Detroit started the season 19-10 was 2003.
- The Titans have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Detroit is 24-37 in close games.
- The Titans have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 12 or more steals.
- Detroit has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when its three-point percentage has been 35.0 percent or better.
- Detroit has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- This season Detroit has won 75 percent of the time (12-4) when Doug Anderson has five field goals made or more and 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Ray McCallum has five rebounds or more.
- Detroit has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Detroit has a 14.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ray McCallum and Nick Minnerath) accounted for 56.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Minnerath and Ray McCallum) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Ray McCallum has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 29 games this season.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Ray McCallum has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Nick Minnerath's career.
- Nick Minnerath has four straight 20+ point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Doug Anderson.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- The Ramblers have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) is 25-25 in close games.
- This loss extended the Ramblers losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Hicks and Christian Thomas) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Christian Thomas and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Christian Thomas recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Christian Thomas has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- Christian Thomas set a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Jordan Hicks's career.
- Devon Turk has seven straight double-digit point games.
|D||J. Howard Jr.||14||0||1||0||0||0||0|