(19) Memphis 62
(24-4, 7-3 away)
(16-11, 10-4 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 26, 2013
||G Johnson 14
||T Black 9
||J Jackson 5
||T Taylor 18
||T Taylor 10
||S Christon 5
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, Xavier won a nail-biter over No. 19 Memphis 64-62. The Musketeers now have a record of 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Travis Taylor got a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Musketeers, earning a double-double. Semaj Christon had 13 points and added five rebounds. For the Tigers, Geron Johnson finished with a team-high 14 points and seven rebounds. Xavier (15-11, 7-5 A-10) takes on Massachusetts (17-9, 7-6 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Xavier Game Notes
- The last time XU started the season 16-11 was 2004.
- XU beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 14th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Xavier is 39-26 in close games.
- Prior to this game, XU played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-11.
- Xavier has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- XU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Xavier has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Brad Redford has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jeff Robinson plays 31 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Semaj Christon has five rebounds or more.
- The Musketeers set a season high for rebounds (45).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--XU has a 8.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Travis Taylor and Isaiah Philmore) accounted for 51.5 percent of the points.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 20 times in 27 games this season.
- Semaj Christon has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 17th of his career.
Memphis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Geron Johnson and Joe Jackson) accounted for 40.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tarik Black and Geron Johnson) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in scoring five times in 28 games this season.
- Tarik Black has led the team in rebounding five times in 28 games this season.
- Joe Jackson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Crawford has three straight double-digit point games.