No. 1 Indiana faced off with Minnesota on Tuesday, Feb. 26 and took a home loss to the Golden Gophers 77-73 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Hoosiers got 16 points and five rebounds from Victor Oladipo. Jordan Hulls was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 7 to get to a team-high 17 points overall. Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double for the Golden Gophers on a season-high 21 points and 12 rebounds. Indiana (24-4, 12-3 Big Ten) takes on Iowa (17-10, 6-8 Big Ten) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Indiana Game Notes
- The last time IU started the season 24-4 was 2007.
- The Hoosiers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana is 23-25 in close games.
- IU set a season low for rebounds (30).
- The Hoosiers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Hoosiers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Hulls and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- Jordan Hulls has led the team in scoring in three out of 28 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 28 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Cody Zeller.
- Jordan Hulls has three straight double-digit point games.
Minnesota Game Notes
- The Golden Gophers won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Minnesota is 30-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Mbakwe and Andre Hollins) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Trevor Mbakwe's career.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 32nd of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe set a career high with eight field goals made.