Utah Valley 56
(13-16, 4-12 away)
North Dakota State 63
(21-8, 13-1 home)
Venue: Bison Sports Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 26, 2013
|North Dakota State
||B Aird 25
||N Thompson 9
||H Hunsaker 3
|North Dakota State
||M Bjorklund 14
||M Bjorklund 8
||K Brown 3
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, North Dakota State took on Utah Valley University and defeated the Wolverines 63-56. Marshall Bjorklund paced the Bison and put up a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds. Kory Brown had 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Wolverines, Ben Aird finished with a game-high 25 points and six rebounds. North Dakota State (21-8, 11-4 Summit League) takes on Nebraska-Omaha (10-18, 6-8 Summit League) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- North Dakota State has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- The Bison have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording 11 or more free throws made.
- NDSU has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 28.6 percent three-point percentage.
- NDSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- This season North Dakota State has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when TrayVonn Wright has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Marshall Bjorklund has six field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Kory Brown has five rebounds or more.
- The Bison have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- North Dakota State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--NDSU has a 21.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Marshall Bjorklund and TrayVonn Wright) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
Utah Valley University Game Notes
- Ben Aird recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine.
- Ben Aird accounted for 44.6 percent of the team's points.
- Nick Thompson accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ben Aird has led the team in scoring 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Nick Thompson has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Ben Aird's career.
- Ben Aird has seven straight double-digit point games.