|Loyola (IL)||B Averkamp 15.3||B Averkamp 6.5||C Payne 4.2|
|Detroit||R McCallum 19.0||N Minnerath 6.1||R McCallum 4.6|
On Tuesday, Loyola (Chicago) heads to Calihan Hall to take on Detroit. It takes place at 7:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN-DET. The Ramblers lost to the Titans 75-63 on Jan. 26 and are 2-9 against them over the last four years.
Detroit is in second place in the conference and Loyola (Chicago) is in eigth place.
The Ramblers were defeated by Kent State 70-63 on Feb. 23 despite 31 points and 11 rebounds from Christian Thomas. While contributing 6.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 11.6 points per game. For the Titans, Nick Minnerath finished with 25 points and 7 rebounds in the 94-79 loss to Wichita State on Feb. 23. He is averaging 15.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.1 rebounds per game.
Detroit has a statistical edge over Loyola (Chicago) in one specific area, scoring, where the Titans have the upper hand over the Ramblers, 79 points per game to 63 points per game. One category in which Detroit is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 15.6 percent, ranking first in their conference (and fifth nationally).
- Loyola has an average margin of victory of 9 over Detroit in 36 wins since 1980.
- Christian Thomas is ranked 3rd in the Horizon in rebounds.
- The Loyola blocks leader (Ben Averkamp, 28 blocks) has more blocks than the Detroit blocks leader (Ray McCallum, 19 blocks).
- Loyola has come back to win after being down at half against Detroit four times since 1998.
- The Loyola rebounding leader (Christian Thomas, 171 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Detroit rebounding leader (Nick Minnerath, 163 rebounds).
- Loyola has a better scoring defense (61.7 allowed per game vs. 69.7 allowed per game) than Detroit this season.
- Cully Payne is ranked 7th in the Horizon in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 937) than Detroit, per the NCAA.
- Devon Turk is ranked 6th in the Horizon in three-pointers.
|C||J. Howard Jr.||28||9||4||2||1||0||1|
|D+||G. Dos Santos||5||2||1||0||0||0||1|