|Florida||M Rosario 13.0||P Young 6.5||S Wilbekin 5.4|
|Tennessee||J McRae 14.9||J Stokes 9.0||T Golden 4.1|
No. 8 Florida travels to Thompson-Boling Arena on Tuesday to take on Tennessee. The game gets underway at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Gators are 4-5 against the Volunteers over the last four years. They lost 75-70 the last time they played (Feb. 11, 2012).
Florida is currently in first place in the SEC and Tennessee is in fifth.
The 15 points by Mike Rosario helped the Gators to a 71-54 cakewalk over Arkansas on Feb. 23. He leads the team with 13 points per game. For the Volunteers, Jarnell Stokes finished with 20 points and 16 rebounds in the 93-85 win over Texas A&M on Feb. 23. He leads the team in rebounds with 9 per game and blocks with 1.3 per game.
Florida has an advantage in two key statistical areas. The Gators have the upper hand over the Volunteers in assists, 16 per game to 10 per game. Additionally, Florida has the advantage over Tennessee in scoring, 73 points per game to 66 points per game.
On the other side, the Volunteers outperform the Gators in blocked shots, 4 per game to 3 per game. Tennessee will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 44.6 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 13th in the country.
- Florida players are more experienced than Tennessee players (16,926 minutes played vs. 11,563 minutes played).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Florida is superior to Tennessee (Latest AP Poll: No. 8 vs. Not Ranked).
- The Florida assist leader (Scottie Wilbekin, 130 assists) has more assists than the Tennessee assist leader (Trae Golden, 99 assists).
- Florida is a better three-point shooting team (38.9 percent vs. 31.9 percent) than Tennessee this season.
- Florida has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Tennessee (20 vs. eight).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Florida currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (983 to 962) than Tennessee, per the NCAA.
- Kenny Boynton is ranked 4th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- Erik Murphy is ranked 5th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- AP voters think more highly of Florida and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Tennessee (156 vs. 77).
- That must sting. Florida has blown out Tennessee by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1996.
- Florida has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Tennessee (No. 17 vs. No. 93).
|C+||M. Frazier II||19||6||3||1||1||0||1|