|Utah Valley||B Aird 14.2||B Aird 9.0||N Thompson 4.2|
|North Dakota State||T Braun 15.2||M Bjorklund 6.1||L Alexander 4.0|
On Tuesday, North Dakota State plays host to Utah Valley University at Bison Sports Arena. The game tips off at 8 p.m. EST. The Bison are 1-1 against the Wolverines over the last four years. They fell 80-72 on Nov. 13, 2009, the last time they met.
In their last outing, despite 19 points and 7 rebounds from Lawrence Alexander, the Bison fell to Akron 68-53 on Feb. 22. He is averaging 11 points per game and��leads the team in assists with 4 per game. For the Wolverines, Ben Aird finished with 19 points and 13 rebounds in the 73-63 loss to Houston Baptist on Feb. 23. He leads the team in points with 14.2 per game, rebounds with 9 per game, and blocks with 1.9 per game. Utah Valley University will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 18.0 in this area ranks first in the conference and 58th in the country.
Utah Valley University StatSmack
- The worst team in the Summit League has a higher RPI than the worst team in the Great West (No. 308 vs. No. 325).
- The Summit League has 3 teams - Oakland (73.8), South Dakota State (73.4), and Nebraska-Omaha (71.5) - that score more per game than the Great West leader, New Jersey Tech (71.3).
- Last year the Summit League lost fewer non-conference blowout games than the Great West (13 vs. 27).
- North Dakota State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on North Dakota State is 77.6 inches compared to 75.9 inches for Utah Valley University.
- Be afraid. North Dakota State has blown out more teams than Utah Valley University this season (10 blowouts vs. five).
- North Dakota State is ranked higher than Utah Valley University in their conference (No. 3 vs. No. 5).
- North Dakota State players are more experienced than Utah Valley University players (14,014 minutes played vs. 11,167 minutes played).
- The Summit League has a conference RPI that is better than the Great West (No. 19 vs. No. 31).
- North Dakota State has a better record at home than Utah Valley University this season (11-1 vs. 8-3).
- North Dakota State has a better conference record than Utah Valley University this season (11-4 vs. 2-5).
- The Summit League has had two more NBA Draft picks than the Great West over the past 5 years.