(18-11, 7-7 away)
Seton Hall 66
(14-15, 10-6 home)
Venue: Prudential Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 25, 2013
||R Arcidiacono 16
||M Yarou 15
||R Arcidiacono 4
||A Cosby 21
||F Edwin 7
||A Cosby 6
In a game where they scored 39 points from behind the arc, Seton Hall escaped Villanova 66-65 in conference action. The Pirates were led by Aaron Cosby, who put up a game-high 21 points and six assists. Fuquan Edwin had 18 points and added seven rebounds. Mouphtaou Yarou registered a double-double for the Wildcats on 14 points and 15 rebounds. Seton Hall (14-15, 3-13 Big East) takes on Providence (15-12, 7-8 Big East) on Tuesday, Mar. 5 on the road.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- SHU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- The Pirates have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Seton Hall is 31-28 in close games.
- The Pirates have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording four or more blocks.
- SHU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record seven or fewer assists.
- SHU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Seton Hall has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Kyle Smyth has 12 points or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Brian Oliver has three three-pointers or more.
- The Pirates set season highs for three-pointers (13) and three-point percentage (61.9).
- The last time SHU recorded at least 13 three-pointers was Feb 14, 2012 against St. John's.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--SHU has a 1.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Aaron Cosby accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Aaron Cosby) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring in seven out of 29 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in rebounding in six out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Aaron Cosby's career.
- Aaron Cosby has four straight double-digit point games.
- Fuquan Edwin has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Gene Teague.
Villanova Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Villanova is 31-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Arcidiacono and JayVaughn Pinkston) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 48.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 30th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has five straight double-digit point games.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 21st of his career.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has four straight double-digit point games.
- Darrun Hilliard has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Darrun Hilliard.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for JayVaughn Pinkston.