(18-11, 7-7 away)
Seton Hall 66
(14-15, 10-6 home)
Venue: Prudential Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 25, 2013
||R Arcidiacono 16
||M Yarou 15
||R Arcidiacono 4
||A Cosby 21
||F Edwin 7
||A Cosby 6
On a night when the Pirates scored 39 points from three-point territory, Villanova was narrowly defeated by Seton Hall 66-65 in conference play. Mouphtaou Yarou earned a double-double in a losing effort including 14 points and 15 rebounds. Ryan Arcidiacono had a team-high 16 points and added four assists. For the Pirates, Aaron Cosby got a game-high 21 points and six assists. Villanova (18-11, 9-7 Big East) gets 23rd-ranked Pittsburgh (20-7, 8-6 Big East) on the road on Sunday, Mar. 3.
Villanova Game Notes
- Villanova started 18-11 during the 2007, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Wildcats have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Villanova is 31-27 in close games.
- Villanova has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Wildcats have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Villanova has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Arcidiacono and JayVaughn Pinkston) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 48.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has led the team in scoring in seven out of 29 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 29 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 30th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has five straight double-digit point games.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 21st of his career.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has four straight double-digit point games.
- Darrun Hilliard has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Darrun Hilliard.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for JayVaughn Pinkston.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The Pirates won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall is 31-28 in close games.
- Aaron Cosby accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fuquan Edwin and Aaron Cosby) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in rebounding six times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Aaron Cosby's career.
- Aaron Cosby has four straight double-digit point games.
- Fuquan Edwin has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Gene Teague.