Jackson State 72
(8-17, 4-14 away)
(15-14, 9-2 home)
Venue: K.L. Johnson Complex
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 25, 2013
||K Howard 23
||W Readus 8
||J Lewis 5
||L Jackson 23
||D Haynes 8
||T Hammond 8
On Monday, Feb. 25, Jackson State took on Arkansas-Pine Bluff and lost by a slim margin to the Golden Lions 73-72 in conference play. The Tigers tie the season series against Arkansas-Pine Bluff at 1-1 with the loss. The Tigers got a game-high 23 points and five rebounds from Kelsey Howard. Christian Williams also had a great game, scoring 21 points and adding six rebounds. For the Golden Lions, Lazabian Jackson got a season-high 23 points (7 Reb 4 Ast 4 Stl), including 7-of-16 shooting from three-point range. Jackson State (8-17, 7-9 SWAC) takes on Alabama State (9-20, 7-9 SWAC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 at home.
Jackson State Game Notes
- The last time JSU started the season 8-17 was 2002.
- The Tigers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Jackson State is 26-21 in close games.
- Jackson State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- Jackson State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, Jackson State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Jackson State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records nine or more blocks this season, Jackson State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Tigers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Jackson State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- Kelsey Howard accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- Kelsey Howard has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Willie Readus has led the team in rebounding in six out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Kelsey Howard's career.
- Kelsey Howard has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Christian Williams's career.
- Willie Readus had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- Lazabian Jackson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven and three pointers attempted with 16.
- Terrell Kennedy tallied a team season high in blocks with five.
- Lazabian Jackson accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Terrell Kennedy and DaVon Haynes) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Lazabian Jackson has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Terrell Kennedy has led the team in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- Terrell Kennedy set a career high with five blocks.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Lazabian Jackson's career.
- Lazabian Jackson set career highs with 23 points and seven three-pointers.