Prairie View A&M 61
(13-16, 4-14 away)
Alabama A&M 57
(9-18, 7-6 home)
Venue: Elmore Gym
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 25, 2013
|Prairie View A&M
|Prairie View A&M
||J DeMuynck 27
||J DeMuynck 11
||R Gesiakowski 2
||J Crutcher 14
||D Tabb 17
||J Crutcher 4
Alabama A&M lost at home against Prairie View A&M 61-57 in overtime on Monday, Feb. 25. Prairie View A&M trailed 35-24 at halftime, but turned things around in the second half to get the win. The Bulldogs remain winless against Prairie View A&M this season at 0-2. Demarquelle Tabb secured a double-double for the Bulldogs including 13 points and 17 rebounds. Jeremy Crutcher also had a good outing, scoring a team-high 14 points and adding four assists. Jourdan DeMuynck recorded a double-double for the Panthers with a game-high 27 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Bulldogs. Alabama A&M (9-18, 5-11 SWAC) heads to Grambling State (0-25, 0-16 SWAC) on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Alabama A&M Game Notes
- The last time AAMU started the season 9-18 was 2006.
- Alabama A&M has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulldogs have played in eight overtime games with a record of 3-5.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama A&M is 20-24 in close games.
- Alabama A&M has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Alabama A&M has lost 94 percent of the time (1-15).
- When the opposition records eight or more steals this season, Alabama A&M has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, Alabama A&M has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- Alabama A&M has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--AAMU has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Crutcher and Demarquelle Tabb) accounted for 47.3 percent of the points.
- Demarquelle Tabb accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Crutcher has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Demarquelle Tabb has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 27 games this season.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demarquelle Tabb has four straight double-digit point games.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 21st of his career.
- Demarquelle Tabb had career highs with 17 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
- Jeremy Crutcher has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Ellis has five straight double-digit point games.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- The Panthers won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Prairie View A&M is 24-28 in close games.
- Jourdan DeMuynck recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 26.
- Jourdan DeMuynck accounted for 44.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jourdan DeMuynck and Mayol Riathin) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Jourdan DeMuynck has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Jourdan DeMuynck's career.
- Jourdan DeMuynck recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and ninth of his career.
- Jourdan DeMuynck set career highs with 27 points and 11 field goals made.
|B||Carl Blair Jr||32||11||7||1||1||0||2|