Grambling State 68
(0-25, 0-18 away)
Mississippi Valley State 90
(5-22, 4-6 home)
Venue: Harrison HPER Complex
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 25, 2013
|Mississippi Valley State
||B Dorsett 13
||B Purvis 8
||B Dorsett 5
|Mississippi Valley State
||D Usher 31
||E Thomas 13
||C Dobbs 5
On Monday, Feb. 25, Mississippi Valley State scored 45 points from three-point territory and easily took down Grambling State 90-68 in conference play. The game was never close, with Mississippi Valley State leading 42-22 at the half. The Delta Devils stay undefeated against Grambling State this season at 2-0. The Delta Devils got the win with a game-high 31 points and eight rebounds from Davon Usher. Ervin Thomas played his way to a double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds. For the Tigers, Brandon Dorsett finished with a team-high 13 points and six rebounds. Mississippi Valley State (5-21, 5-11 SWAC) gets Arkansas-Pine Bluff (14-14, 13-3 SWAC) at home on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:41 left to go.
- The last time MVSU started the season 5-22 was 2008.
- The Delta Devils set season highs for assists (18), field goals made (35), field goal percentage (49.3), three-pointers (15), and total points (90).
- The last time MVSU recorded at least 15 three-pointers was Mar 03, 2003 against Grambling State.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--MVSU has a -0.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ervin Thomas recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Davon Usher accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's points.
- Ervin Thomas accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Davon Usher has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- Ervin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Davon Usher's career.
- Davon Usher has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Darryl Marshall has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ervin Thomas recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ervin Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
Grambling State Game Notes
- This was the 18th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, GSU has been on the losing end of 61 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 25 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (25) than the starters (19).
- Brandon Dorsett has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Bryant Purvis has led the team in rebounding eight times in 25 games this season.
- Brandon Dorsett set a career high with five assists.