(7-22, 2-15 away)
UMD Eastern Shore 45
(2-22, 2-8 home)
Venue: Hytche Athletic Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 25, 2013
|UMD Eastern Shore
||A Dickerson 17
||A Leary 8
||C Thompson 2
|UMD Eastern Shore
||D Cowell 14
||K Mays 6
||L Bell 4
In a low-scoring affair, Maryland-Eastern Shore lost in front of the home crowd against Howard 49-45 in conference play. The Hawks stay winless against Howard this season at 0-2. The Hawks were paced by Louis Bell, who put up a team-high 14 points and four assists. Dominique Cowell had a season-high 14 points. For the Bison, Anton Dickerson finished with a game-high 17 points, including 5-of-8 shooting from three-point range. Maryland-Eastern Shore (2-22, 2-11 MEAC) takes on Morgan State (11-14, 7-6 MEAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- The last time UMES started the season 2-22 was 2004.
- The Hawks have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland-Eastern Shore is 21-22 in close games.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 45 or fewer total points.
- The Hawks have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.5 percent or better this season, Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition commits 17 or fewer turnovers this season, Maryland-Eastern Shore has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- The Hawks set a season high for three-pointers (nine).
- UMES set a season low for free throws made (four).
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Hawks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--UMES has a -8.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Louis Bell accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Mays and Olatunji Kosile) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Louis Bell has led the team in scoring in three out of 24 games this season.
- Kevin Mays has led the team in rebounding in three out of 24 games this season.
Howard Game Notes
- The Bison won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Howard is 19-26 in close games.
- Anton Dickerson accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Phillips and Alphonso Leary) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Anton Dickerson has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- Mike Phillips has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
|-||E. Okoro II||3||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|-||D. Williams II||5||0||0||0||0||0||2|