New Orleans 52
(8-17, 0-12 away)
Houston Baptist 65
(12-14, 8-4 home)
Venue: Sharp Gymnasium
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 25, 2013
||R Nelson 18
||K Hill 12
||R Nelson 3
||D Womack 15
||D Womack 12
||M Smith 3
Houston Baptist defeated New Orleans 65-52 on Monday, Feb. 25. With a record of 2-0, the Huskies stay undefeated against New Orleans this season. Dauson Womack secured a double-double in the win with a team-high 15 points and 12 rebounds. Art Bernardi had 14 points and added eight rebounds. For the Privateers, Kevin Hill got nine points and 12 rebounds. The Huskies are on an eight-game win streak. Houston Baptist (12-14, 3-3 Great West) gets New Jersey Tech (15-11, 5-1 Great West) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Houston Baptist Game Notes
- The win over New Orleans extended the Houston Baptist winning streak to eight games.
- The Huskies have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- HBU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- This season Houston Baptist has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Rob Lewis has 12 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Caleb Crayton plays 31 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Dauson Womack has four field goals made or more.
- The Huskies have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Houston Baptist has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Huskies came back after being down at halftime.
- Rob Lewis recorded a team season high in free throws made with eight.
- Dauson Womack tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Dauson Womack and Art Bernardi) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dauson Womack and Art Bernardi) accounted for 47.6 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (17).
- Dauson Womack has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- Dauson Womack recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dauson Womack recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Marcel Smith had a career high with four steals.
- Art Bernardi has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Lewis has four straight double-digit point games.
New Orleans Game Notes
- This loss extended the Privateers losing streak to three games.
- Rarlensee Nelson accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- Kevin Hill accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rarlensee Nelson has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Kevin Hill has led the team in rebounding nine times in 25 games this season.
- Kevin Hill recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Cory Dixon.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Isaac Mack.