SC State 72
(5-21, 1-13 away)
Florida A&M 75
(8-19, 7-4 home)
Venue: Alfred Lawson Multipurpose Center
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, February 25, 2013
||D Palmer 22
||D Palmer 10
||S Mitchell 5
||R Lewis 21
||D Bullard 7
||J Adams 4
On Monday, Feb. 25, Florida A&M edged South Carolina State 75-72 in double overtime. With a record of 2-0, the Rattlers stay unbeaten against South Carolina State this season. The Rattlers got the win with a team-high 21 points and three assists from Reggie Lewis. Muhammad Abdul-Aleem had 17 points and added four rebounds. Darryl Palmer recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs on a season-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. Florida A&M (8-18, 5-8 MEAC) takes on Hampton (11-15, 8-4 MEAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Florida A&M Game Notes
- Florida A&M started 8-19 during the 2011 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Florida A&M has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Rattlers have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 7-7.
- The Rattlers have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida A&M is 31-24 in close games.
- The Rattlers have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Florida A&M has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Rattlers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--FAMU has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Lewis and Muhammad Abdul-Aleem) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (17).
- Reggie Lewis has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Trey Kellum has led the team in rebounding in five out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Reggie Lewis's career.
- Reggie Lewis has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Markee Teal.
- D`Andre Bullard had career highs with seven rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina State is 25-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to three games.
- Darryl Palmer accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- Darryl Palmer has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- Khalif Toombs has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Darryl Palmer's career.
- Darryl Palmer recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.