Sacred Heart 68
(9-18, 3-11 away)
Bryant University 84
(18-9, 10-2 home)
Venue: Chace Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 25, 2013
||S Gibson 30
||L Montes 9
||P Gaetano 8
||D Starks 25
||A Francis 10
||F Dobbs 10
On Monday, Feb. 25, Sacred Heart was trounced by Bryant 84-68 in conference play. With the loss, the Pioneers tie the season series against Bryant at 1-1. The Pioneers got a good performance from Shane Gibson, who put up a game-high 30 points (6 Reb 3 Stl), with 15 coming from three-point range. Louis Montes also had a strong game, scoring 16 points and adding nine rebounds. Frankie Dobbs registered a double-double for the Bulldogs on 17 points and 10 assists. The Pioneers are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for Sacred Heart (9-18, 7-9 NEC) is Long Island (15-13, 10-6 NEC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- The Pioneers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after having a field goal percentage of 43.3 percent or worse.
- Sacred Heart has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Sacred Heart has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 32 or more field goals made this season, Sacred Heart has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Sacred Heart has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- Sacred Heart has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Louis Montes and Shane Gibson) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- Louis Montes has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 51st 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Louis Montes has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Louis Montes had a career high with four steals.
Bryant Game Notes
- Frankie Dobbs recorded a team season high in steals with seven.
- The top two scorers (Dyami Starks and Frankie Dobbs) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Alex Francis accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dyami Starks has led the team in scoring 12 times in 27 games this season.
- Alex Francis has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 27 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Frankie Dobbs's career.
- Frankie Dobbs recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Frankie Dobbs set a career high with seven steals.
- Alex Francis recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Francis has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Francis recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 24th of his career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Dyami Starks's career.
- Dyami Starks has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dyami Starks set career highs with 10 field goals made and a 71 percent field goal percentage.
|C+||M. Abdel Latif||17||2||5||1||0||1||2|