On Monday, Feb. 25, Central Connecticut State got a slim victory over Quinnipiac 67-65 in conference play. With the win, the Blue Devils even the season series against Quinnipiac at 1-1. The Blue Devils got the win with a team-high 17 points and five rebounds from Kyle Vinales. Joseph Efese also had a strong outing, scoring 14 points and adding eight rebounds. Ousmane Drame recorded a double-double for the Bobcats on 11 points and 13 rebounds. Next up for Central Connecticut State (12-15, 8-8 NEC) is St. Francis (PA) (5-22, 5-11 NEC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on their home court.
Central Connecticut State Game Notes
- Central Connecticut State started 12-15 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Blue Devils have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Central Connecticut State is 25-28 in close games.
- This season Central Connecticut State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Joseph Efese has three blocks or more.
- Central Connecticut State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Blue Devils came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--CCSU has a -0.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Vinales and Malcolm McMillan) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joseph Efese and Matt Hunter) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyle Vinales has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- Joseph Efese has led the team in rebounding in three out of 27 games this season.
- Kyle Vinales has six straight double-digit point games.
- Joseph Efese has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Brandon Peel.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- The Bobcats have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Quinnipiac is 37-35 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Zaid Hearst and Jamee Jackson) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ousmane Drame and Evan Conti) accounted for 48.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Zaid Hearst has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Evan Conti recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Evan Conti set career highs with 10 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Zaid Hearst has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ousmane Drame recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ousmane Drame has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ousmane Drame recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and ninth of his career.