No. 13 Kansas State easily got by Texas Tech 75-55 in conference action on a night when they outrebounded the Red Raiders 41-20. The game looked like it would be close until the end as Kansas State only led by one at the half, but they pulled away in the second half and ended up winning big. With a record of 2-0, the Wildcats stay unbeaten against Texas Tech this season. The Wildcats were led by Thomas Gipson, who put up a season-high 20 points and eight rebounds. Angel Rodriguez had 16 points and added seven assists (4 Reb 4 Stl). For the Red Raiders, Dusty Hannahs finished with a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when Kansas State (22-5, 11-3 Big 12) travels to Baylor (16-11, 7-7 Big 12).
Kansas State Game Notes
- The win over Texas Tech extended the Kansas State winning streak to four games.
- K-State beat the spread by one points. That makes the 13th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, K-State has been on the winning end of 41 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Kansas State has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9 percent or better.
- Kansas State has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- K-State has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- K-State has won 95 percent of the time this season (19-1) after holding an opponent to under 45.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Kansas State has won 82 percent of the time (18-4) when Rodney McGruder has 10 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Angel Rodriguez has six field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Thomas Gipson has eight rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--K-State has a 18.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Thomas Gipson and Angel Rodriguez) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Thomas Gipson has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 7 times in 28 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez had a career high with four steals.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Thomas Gipson's career.
- Thomas Gipson has three straight double-digit point games.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This was the seventh blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, TTU has been on the losing end of 27 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Red Raiders losing streak to nine games.
- The top two scorers (Dusty Hannahs and Jaye Crockett) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- Jordan Tolbert accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (28) than the starters (27).
- Jordan Tolbert has led the team in rebounding eight times in 26 games this season.
- Jaye Crockett has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Josh Gray.