Texas Tech 55
(9-17, 1-7 away)
(13) Kansas State 75
(23-5, 17-1 home)
Venue: Bramlage Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 25, 2013
||D Hannahs 14
||J Tolbert 7
||D Robinson 5
||T Gipson 20
||T Gipson 8
||A Rodriguez 7
In a game where they were outrebounded 41-20 by the Wildcats, Texas Tech lost big against No. 13 Kansas State 75-55 in conference play. This one looked like it would be close until the end with Texas Tech down only 31-30 at the half, but Kansas State came out and ran away with it in the second half. The Red Raiders stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. The Red Raiders were led by Dusty Hannahs, who put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. Daylen Robinson scored four points and added five assists. For the Wildcats, Thomas Gipson got a season-high 20 points and eight rebounds. Texas Tech (9-17, 2-13 Big 12) hosts TCU (10-17, 1-13 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- The last time TTU started the season 9-17 was 2000.
- Prior to this game, TTU played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-37.
- Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- Texas Tech has lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Texas Tech has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- TTU set season lows for free throws made (six) and rebounds (20).
- Texas Tech has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Dusty Hannahs and Jaye Crockett) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- Jordan Tolbert accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (28) than the starters (27).
- Jordan Tolbert has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Jaye Crockett has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Josh Gray.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Thomas Gipson and Angel Rodriguez) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Thomas Gipson has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez set a career high with four steals.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Thomas Gipson's career.
- Thomas Gipson has three straight double-digit point games.
|-||J. Williams, Jr.||4||0||0||0||0||0||1|