|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.6||M Yarou 7.3||R Arcidiacono 3.4|
|Seton Hall||F Edwin 16.9||G Teague 7.4||T Maayan 3.3|
On Monday, Villanova visits Prudential Center to take on Seton Hall. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Wildcats are 4-0 against the Pirates over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 18, 2012) they won 84-76.
Villanova is in seventh place in the conference, Seton Hall is in 14th place.
The 22 points by Darrun Hilliard helped the Wildcats to a 60-56 victory over Marquette on Feb. 23. In addition to a team-leading 1.5 steals per game, he chips in 11.6 points per game. For the Pirates, Gene Teague finished with 16 points and 8 rebounds in the 79-61 loss to Louisville on Feb. 23. He is averaging 11.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.4 rebounds per game.
Seton Hall StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Villanova currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (978 to 951) than Seton Hall, per the NCAA.
- Villanova is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Villanova is 220 lbs compared to 208 lbs for Seton Hall.
- The Villanova assist leader (Ryan Arcidiacono, 92 assists) has more assists than the Seton Hall assist leader (Tom Maayan, 91 assists).
- A for effort, but Villanova has emerged victorious against Seton Hall the last 10 times they've played.
- Villanova has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Seton Hall (one vs. zero).
- Over the past 10 years, Villanova has had more players drafted by the NBA than Seton Hall (three vs. zero).
- Villanova has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Seton Hall (seven vs. two).
- Villanova has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Seton Hall (12 vs. one).
- The Villanova basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Seton Hall (100 percent vs. 69 percent).
- Villanova has an average margin of victory of 10 over Seton Hall in 35 wins since 1980.
- Villanova beat Seton Hall by 8 points the last time they played (Jan 18, 2012).