|Syracuse||B Triche 14.7||C Fair 7.3||M Carter-Williams 8.0|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.7||D Gardner 4.8||J Cadougan 4.3|
On Monday, No. 8 Syracuse travels to BMO Harris Bradley Center to take on No. 17 Marquette. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Orange are 3-2 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 7, 2012) they won 73-66.
Syracuse is tied with Marquette for second in the conference.
In their last outing, despite 13 points and 7 rebounds from C.J. Fair, the Orange fell to Georgetown 57-46 on Feb. 23. He is averaging 14.1 points per game while also contributing a team-high 7.3 rebounds per game. For the Golden Eagles, Junior Cadougan finished with 12 points in the 60-56 loss to Villanova on Feb. 23. He leads the team in assists with 4.3 per game and steals with 1.1 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Marquette is strong in free throw rate at 41.8 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 36th in the nation.
- Over the past 10 years, Syracuse has had more players drafted by the NBA than Marquette (10 vs. seven).
- Baye Keita is ranked 10th in the Big East in blocks.
- Syracuse has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Marquette (No. 45 vs. No. 62).
- Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than Marquette (162 vs. 140).
- Syracuse is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Syracuse is 79.1 inches compared to 77.4 inches for Marquette.
- The Syracuse steals leader (Michael Carter-Williams, 78 steals) has more steals than the Marquette steals leader (Junior Cadougan, 27 steals).
- AP voters think more highly of Syracuse and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Marquette (151 vs. 110).
- Syracuse attacks the glass, with more rebounds (40.1 per game vs. 34.7 per game) than Marquette this season.
- Syracuse has a better record on the road than Marquette this season (5-3 vs. 3-5).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Syracuse is superior to Marquette (Latest AP Poll: No. 8 vs. No. 17).
|C-||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|