Kansas vs. Iowa State: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.2||J Withey 8.5||E Johnson 4.4|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.9||M Ejim 9.7||K Lucious 5.8|
On Monday, No. 9 Kansas heads to James H. Hilton Coliseum to take on Iowa State. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Jayhawks defeated the Cyclones 97-89 on Jan. 9 and are 8-1 against them over the past four years.
Kansas is currently in first place in the conference and Iowa State is in fourth.
The 18 points and 6 rebounds by Jeff Withey helped the Jayhawks to a 74-48 cakewalk over TCU on Feb. 23. On top of his scoring average of 13.6 points per game, he delivers 8.5 rebounds per game. For the Cyclones, Chris Babb finished with 17 points and 6 rebounds in the 86-66 blowout of Texas Tech on Feb. 23. He contributes 3.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.6 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Iowa State performs well in effective field goal percentage at 53.6 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 23rd in the country.
Iowa State StatSmack
- Kansas has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (85.6 percent to 55.8 percent).
- Kansas has more wins over the last 5 years than Iowa State (186 vs. 101).
- Kansas has come back to win after being down at half against Iowa State four times since 1996.
- Diaper Dandies love Kansas. Kansas has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Iowa State (32 vs. 1).
- Kansas has been the favorite 36 out of the last 38 times.
- The Kansas basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Iowa State (80 percent vs. 35 percent).
- It's only wins and losses, but Kansas has a better overall record than Iowa State this season (22-4 vs. 18-8).
- Since 1998, Kansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Iowa State (23 vs. zero).
- That must sting. Kansas has blown out Iowa State by 20 points or more on 11 occasions since 1996.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Kansas is superior to Iowa State (Latest AP Poll: No. 9 vs. Not Ranked).
- Kansas has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Iowa State (one vs. zero).
|C-||A. White III||6||3||1||0||0||0||1|