|SC State||M Hezekiah 13.2||M Hezekiah 7.6||K Toombs 5.6|
|Florida A&M||J Adams 14.2||M Teal 5.0||J Adams 3.2|
On Monday, South Carolina State travels to Alfred Lawson Multipurpose Center to take on Florida A&M. Tipoff occurs at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs lost to the Rattlers 89-77 on Jan. 21 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
South Carolina State is in 13th place in the MEAC and Florida A&M is in ninth. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last matchup on Feb. 23, Khalif Toombs put up 24 points and 6 assists for the Bulldogs in a loss to Bethune-Cookman, 85-75. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 5.6 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game. For the Rattlers, Reggie Lewis finished with 10 points in the 46-45 win over Howard on Feb. 16. He is averaging 10.5 points and 2.2 assists per game.
Florida A&M StatSmack
- Darryl Palmer is ranked 10th in the MEAC in blocks.
- South Carolina State has a stronger schedule than Florida A&M this season (SOS Rank: No. 248 vs. No. 315).
- South Carolina State has come back to win after being down at half against Florida A&M five times since 1998.
- South Carolina State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Florida A&M in 42 wins since 1980.
- Matthew Hezekiah is ranked 4th in the MEAC in rebounds.
- South Carolina State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.6 percent to 36.3 percent).
- South Carolina State players are more experienced than Florida A&M players (8,655 minutes played vs. 7,569 minutes played).
- The South Carolina State rebounding leader (Matthew Hezekiah, 180 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Florida A&M rebounding leader (Markee Teal, 131 rebounds).
- The South Carolina State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Florida A&M (44 percent vs. 30 percent).
- South Carolina State has more wins over the last 5 years than Florida A&M (68 vs. 63).