Long Island 92
(15-13, 6-9 away)
(16-11, 11-2 home)
Venue: Spiro Sports Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 24, 2013
||C Garner 22
||J Olasewere 7
||J Brickman 7
||J Williams 20
||M Moody 6
||K Ortiz 9
In a high-scoring affair, Long Island suffered a heartbreaking loss against Wagner 94-92 in conference play. The Blackbirds are now 0-2 against Wagner this season. The Blackbirds got a good performance from C.J. Garner, who put up a game-high 22 points and six assists. Jamal Olasewere had 21 points and added seven rebounds. For the Seahawks, Mario Moody got 19 points and six rebounds. Long Island (15-13, 10-6 NEC) welcomes Sacred Heart (9-17, 7-8 NEC) on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Long Island Game Notes
- Long Island started 15-13 during the 2008 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The Blackbirds have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Long Island is 26-22 in close games.
- When the opposition records 94 or more total points this season, Long Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 35 or more field goals made this season, Long Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records nine or more blocks this season, Long Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Long Island has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Blackbirds opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Garner and Jamal Olasewere) accounted for 46.7 percent of the points.
- C.J. Garner has led the team in scoring in four out of 28 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Jason Brickman had a career high with 19 points.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere had career highs with four three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Wagner Game Notes
- The Seahawks won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wagner is 40-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jonathon Williams and Mario Moody) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenneth Ortiz and Mario Moody) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jonathon Williams has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Kenneth Ortiz has led the team in rebounding four times in 27 games this season.
- Latif Rivers has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jonathon Williams's career.
- Jonathon Williams has nine straight double-digit point games.