Long Island 92
(15-13, 6-9 away)
(16-11, 11-2 home)
Venue: Spiro Sports Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 24, 2013
||C Garner 22
||J Olasewere 7
||J Brickman 7
||J Williams 20
||M Moody 6
||K Ortiz 9
In a high-scoring showdown, Wagner won a nail-biter over Long Island 94-92 in NEC action. The Seahawks remain undefeated against Long Island this season at 2-0. The Seahawks got the win with 19 points and six rebounds from Mario Moody. Orlando Parker had eight points and added four rebounds. For the Blackbirds, C.J. Garner finished with a game-high 22 points and six assists. Wagner (16-11, 10-6 NEC) takes on Fairleigh Dickinson (7-22, 2-14 NEC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Wagner Game Notes
- The Seahawks have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Wagner is 40-27 in close games.
- Wagner has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.6 percent or better.
- The Seahawks have won every game this season (4-0) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- Wagner has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Wagner has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Orlando Parker has four field goals made or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Jonathon Williams has five free throws made or more, and 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Mario Moody has six rebounds or more.
- The Seahawks set a season high for field goals made (35).
- Wagner set a season low for rebounds (26).
- The Seahawks have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Seahawks came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Wagner has a 5.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jonathon Williams and Mario Moody) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenneth Ortiz and Mario Moody) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Jonathon Williams has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Kenneth Ortiz has led the team in rebounding in four out of 27 games this season.
- Latif Rivers has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jonathon Williams's career.
- Jonathon Williams has nine straight double-digit point games.
Long Island Game Notes
- The Blackbirds have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Long Island is 26-22 in close games.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Garner and Jamal Olasewere) accounted for 46.7 percent of the points.
- C.J. Garner has led the team in scoring four times in 28 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Jason Brickman set a career high with 19 points.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere set career highs with four three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.