Old Dominion 59
(4-24, 1-10 away)
(7-22, 6-9 home)
Venue: Mack Sports Complex
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 24, 2013
||D Batten 19
||D Painter 12
||A Bacote 4
||D Imes 18
||D Brown 11
||S Mejia 10
Old Dominion lost at home against Hofstra 70-59 in conference play on Sunday, Feb. 24. DeShawn Painter got 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Monarchs, earning a double-double. Dimitri Batten had 19 points and added two rebounds. Stevie Mejia recorded a double-double for the Pride on 10 points and 10 assists. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Old Dominion (4-22, 2-12 CAA) welcomes Drexel (11-17, 7-9 CAA).
Old Dominion Game Notes
- Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Monarchs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-16).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Monarchs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Dimitri Batten accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (DeShawn Painter and Richard Ross) accounted for 48.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Dimitri Batten has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 28 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter has nine straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 12th of his career.
- DeShawn Painter had a career high with 11 defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Donte Hill.
- Dimitri Batten has six straight double-digit point games.
Hofstra Game Notes
- Stevie Mejia recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (David Imes and Taran Buie) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Daquan Brown accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- David Imes has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Stevie Mejia's career.
- Stevie Mejia recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Stevie Mejia set a career high with 10 assists.
- Taran Buie has three straight double-digit point games.
- Daquan Brown recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.