Hofstra squared off with Old Dominion on Sunday, Feb. 24 and knocked off the Monarchs 70-59 in conference play. Stevie Mejia got 10 points and 10 assists for the Pride, earning a double-double. David Imes had a team-high 18 points and added six rebounds. DeShawn Painter got a double-double for the Monarchs with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Hofstra (6-22, 3-12 CAA) gets Delaware (15-13, 10-5 CAA) on their home court on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Hofstra Game Notes
- Hofstra beat the spread by 14 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Pride have beaten the spread.
- The Pride have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- The Pride set a season high for assists (16).
- The last time Hofstra recorded at least 16 assists was Feb 25, 2012 against North Carolina-Wilmington.
- Hofstra has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Pride came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Hofstra has a -3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stevie Mejia recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (David Imes and Taran Buie) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Daquan Brown accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- David Imes has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Stevie Mejia's career.
- Stevie Mejia recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Stevie Mejia had a career high with 10 assists.
- Taran Buie has three straight double-digit point games.
- Daquan Brown recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- DeShawn Painter recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Dimitri Batten accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (DeShawn Painter and Richard Ross) accounted for 48.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Dimitri Batten has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 28 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter has nine straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 12th of his career.
- DeShawn Painter set a career high with 11 defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Donte Hill.
- Dimitri Batten has six straight double-digit point games.