Florida State 70
(14-13, 5-6 away)
Virginia Tech 80
(12-15, 10-8 home)
Venue: Cassell Coliseum
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 24, 2013
||O White 18
||O White 10
||M Snaer 3
||E Green 26
||C Barksdale 9
||E Green 5
On Sunday, Feb. 24, Virginia Tech defeated Florida State 80-70 in conference play. The Hokies were led by Erick Green, who put up a game-high 26 points and five assists. C.J. Barksdale had a career-high 17 points and added nine rebounds. Okaro White recorded a double-double for the Seminoles on a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 27 when Virginia Tech (12-15, 3-11 ACC) goes to second-ranked Miami (FL) (21-4, 13-1 ACC).
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech started 12-15 during the 2002 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- VT beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Hokies have beaten the spread.
- The Hokies have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 25 or more free throws made.
- Virginia Tech has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- VT has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- VT has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--VT has a 2.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Erick Green accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Barksdale and Erick Green) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring in 25 out of 27 games this season.
- C.J. Barksdale has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 32nd 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has six straight 20+ point games.
- C.J. Barksdale had career highs with 17 points and eight defensive rebounds.
- Marquis Rankin had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Florida State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Okaro White and Devon Bookert) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- Okaro White accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Okaro White recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Okaro White has five straight double-digit point games.
- Okaro White recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
|-||J. van Zegeren||8||3||0||0||0||0||2|