Florida State 70
(14-13, 5-6 away)
Virginia Tech 80
(12-15, 10-8 home)
Venue: Cassell Coliseum
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 24, 2013
||O White 18
||O White 10
||M Snaer 3
||E Green 26
||C Barksdale 9
||E Green 5
On Sunday, Feb. 24, Florida State lost on their home court to Virginia Tech 80-70 in conference play. Okaro White picked up a double-double in the Seminoles loss including a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Devon Bookert also put in a solid effort, scoring 14 points and adding three rebounds. For the Hokies, Erick Green got a game-high 26 points and five assists. Next up for Florida State (14-13, 6-8 ACC) is Wake Forest (12-14, 5-9 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 26 on their home court.
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording two or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 25 or more free throws made this season, Florida State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Florida State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Florida State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Okaro White and Devon Bookert) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- Okaro White accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Okaro White recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Okaro White has five straight double-digit point games.
- Okaro White recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Erick Green accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Barksdale and Erick Green) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 25 times in 27 games this season.
- C.J. Barksdale has led the team in rebounding seven times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 32nd 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has six straight 20+ point games.
- C.J. Barksdale set career highs with 17 points and eight defensive rebounds.
- Marquis Rankin set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|-||J. van Zegeren||8||3||0||0||0||0||2|