Northwestern was punished by Purdue 74-43 in conference play on a day when they shot just 28.6 percent. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Purdue up 40-25. The Wildcats even the season series against Purdue at 1-1 with the loss. Alex Marcotullio put up seven points and four assists in a losing effort. Tre Demps scored nine points and added three rebounds. Terone Johnson got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Boilermakers. The Wildcats are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Northwestern (13-15, 4-11 Big Ten) hosts 18th-ranked Ohio State (20-7, 10-5 Big Ten).
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:07 left to go.
- The last time NU started the season 13-15 was 2006.
- Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 43 or fewer total points.
- The Wildcats have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 22.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Northwestern has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- NU set a season low for three-pointers (four).
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in rebounding in five out of 28 games this season.
Purdue Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Rapheal Davis has led the team in rebounding four times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Terone Johnson's career.
- Terone Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Terone Johnson set career highs with nine field goals made and four three-pointers.