(19-8, 7-5 away)
(18-8, 14-3 home)
Venue: Halton Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 24, 2013
||S Randall 18
||A Lee 7
||K Wyatt 7
||P Henry 10
||D Clark 7
||P Henry 3
On a day when the 49ers shot just 27.4 percent from the floor, Temple won big over Charlotte 71-51 in A-10 play. Everything went right for Temple in this one, as they led 39-24 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With a record of 2-0, the Owls remain undefeated against Charlotte this season. The Owls were led by Scootie Randall, who put up a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. Khalif Wyatt also had a strong showing, scoring 12 points and adding seven assists. For the 49ers, Pierra Henry finished with a team-high 10 points and four rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Owls. Temple (19-8, 8-5 A-10) gets Detroit (18-10, 10-4 Horizon) on their home court on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Temple Game Notes
- The last time Temple started the season 19-8 was 1998.
- The win over Charlotte extended the Temple winning streak to three games.
- Temple beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- Temple has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.3 percent or better.
- Temple has won every game this season (10-0) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- The Owls have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Temple has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Temple has won 71 percent of the time (15-6) when Khalif Wyatt has 12 points or more, 78 percent of the time (14-4) when Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson plays 30 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Jake O`Brien has four field goals made or more.
- The top two scorers (Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt) accounted for 42.2 percent of the points.
- Scootie Randall has led the team in scoring in five out of 27 games this season.
- Anthony Lee has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 27 games this season.
- Scootie Randall has four straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Jake O`Brien has three straight double-digit point games.
Charlotte Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Charlotte has been on the losing end of 14 blowout games.
- Pierra Henry has led the team in scoring six times in 26 games this season.
- Darion Clark has led the team in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- Pierra Henry has three straight double-digit point games.