South Dakota got a win on the road against Montana State 85-74 on Sunday, Feb. 24. Brandon Bos played well for the Coyotes and put up a game-high 21 points and three rebounds. Juevol Myles also had a great game, scoring 16 points and adding seven assists. Xavier Blount finished with a team-high 16 points and two rebounds for the Bobcats. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when South Dakota (9-18, 4-10 Summit League) heads to IUPUI (5-23, 1-13 Summit League).
South Dakota Game Notes
- USD beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Coyotes have beaten the spread.
- The Coyotes have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 15 or more assists.
- This season South Dakota has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Brandon Bos has five free throws made or more.
- USD set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Coyotes have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Juevol Myles recorded a team season high in assists with seven.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Bos and Juevol Myles) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Gruis and Steve Tecker) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Bos has led the team in scoring in three out of 27 games this season.
- Trevor Gruis has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Brandon Bos's career.
- Juevol Myles has four straight double-digit point games.
Montana State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bobcats losing streak to five games.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with nine.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Blount and Antonio Biglow) accounted for 41.8 percent of the points.
- Paul Egwuonwu accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Xavier Blount has led the team in scoring five times in 25 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 25 games this season.
- Xavier Blount set a career high with a 83 percent field goal percentage.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.