|Troy||E Jones 11.2||R Chambers 5.7||H Williams 3.2|
|Arkansas State||E Townsel 13.4||B Peterson 9.7||R Dickerson 2.3|
On Saturday, Troy heads to Convocation Center (AR) to take on Arkansas State. Tipoff occurs at 8:05 p.m. EST. The Trojans beat the Red Wolves 74-67 on Jan. 24 and are 3-2 against them over the last four years.
Troy maintains ninth place in the Sun Belt while Arkansas State is in third place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 21, Deonata Jethroe put up 20 points and 6 rebounds for the Trojans in a loss to Louisiana, 76-66. While contributing 3 rebounds per game, he also scores 6.3 points per game. For the Red Wolves, Kendrick Washington finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds in the 87-54 blowout of Louisiana-Monroe on Feb. 16. He is averaging 7.3 points and 4.4 rebounds per game.
Arkansas State has a statistical edge over Troy in one specific area, scoring, where the Red Wolves have the upper hand over the Trojans, 69 points per game to 62 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Arkansas State is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 43.4 percent and turnover percentage at 19.0 percent.
Arkansas State StatSmack
- Emil Jones is ranked 5th in the Sun Belt in assists and 4th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- The Troy basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas State (75 percent vs. 45 percent).
- Antoine Myers is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in assists.
- Troy has an average margin of victory of 10 over Arkansas State in six wins since 2005.
- The Troy steals leader (Emil Jones, 46 steals) has more steals than the Arkansas State steals leader (Edward Townsel, 45 steals).
- The Troy assist leader (Hunter Williams, 94 assists) has more assists than the Arkansas State assist leader (Rakeem Dickerson, 62 assists).
- Troy has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (49.6 percent to 49.5 percent).
- Hunter Williams is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers and 3rd in the Sun Belt in assists.
- Troy has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Arkansas State this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 225 vs. No. 254).