Georgia Tech 54
(14-12, 2-7 away)
(19-8, 16-1 home)
Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 24, 2013
||M Georges-Hunt 12
||D Miller 11
||M Georges-Hunt 3
||A Mitchell 18
||A Mitchell 8
||J Evans 8
In a game where they had 17 turnovers, Georgia Tech was crushed by Virginia 82-54 in conference play. With the loss, the Yellow Jackets tie the season series against Virginia at 1-1. Daniel Miller got 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Yellow Jackets, earning a double-double. Marcus Georges-Hunt scored a team-high 12 points. For the Cavaliers, Akil Mitchell finished with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 27 when Georgia Tech (14-12, 4-10 ACC) welcomes Maryland (19-8, 7-7 ACC).
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:30 left to go.
- The last time GT started the season 14-12 was 1998.
- Georgia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- Georgia Tech has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Georgia Tech has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- GT set a season low for free throws made (four).
- Daniel Miller recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Georges-Hunt and Daniel Miller) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Daniel Miller accounted for 42.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring in nine out of 26 games this season.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has five straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Miller recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daniel Miller recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- Daniel Miller had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Kammeon Holsey had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Virginia Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Akil Mitchell and Joe Harris) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Akil Mitchell and Paul Jesperson) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 20 times in 27 games this season.
- Joe Harris has eight straight double-digit point games.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||7||0||0||0||0||0||1|